Healthcare Analyst (Milwaukee Only)
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 860
This position is responsible for conducting analysis directed at improving health outcomes. This includes writing programs to pull data and create analytic datasets, assisting Sr. Analysts with data requests, running analyses, generating data reports, and effectively communicating recommendations and/or results in written and oral presentations. This person will run cost and quality models, campaign models, benchmark analysis and report on provider quality of care, utilization, and access to care. This individual will also work with other areas of the company, including sales, database, marketing and operational units to optimize the use of analytics in operations and outreach, while recommending strategies for improvement wherever possible.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support analysis of dental programs to identify key cost and quality drivers and trends across all dental products in all markets.
- Assist Senior Analysts with data requests, running analyses and generating data reports.
- Effectively communicate results in written and oral presentations.
- Use SAS, Python, R and other tools to analyze current cost management practices and help to define best practices for:
- Provider and patient profiling
- Quality and cost performance scoring
- Risk modeling
- Cost and quality outcomes
- Program evaluation
- RFP analysis
- Analyze provider networks to identify strategies to improve access and profitability in a manner that is consistent with quality, cost effective care.
- Evaluate and suggest changes necessary to optimize processes and efficiencies.
- Participate in special projects as needed or requested.
- Adhere to DentaQuest business processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, Finance, Economics or business-related field or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years' experience in data management, analysis and reporting to include experience with combining clinical and financial data.
- Experience with database and business intelligence tools such as SAS, Python, R, Tableau, Cognos, MS Report Manager and Report Builder.
- Experience designing and implementing complex algorithms and/or quality metrics.
- Knowledge of health care industry is preferred.
- Strong foundation in statistical theory and practice required.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve complex problems.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent PC skills with proficiency in Excel essential.
- Strong customer service and analytical skills.
- Strong time management and business process skills.
- Ability work well with others.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a traditional professional office setting or remote equivalent.
- Ability to effectively operate computer equipment.
- Work schedule may vary and is determined by project schedules.
- Ability to travel as projects dictate.
- Ability to efficiently operate all job-related office equipment.
- Ability to communicate via telephone and work in virtual teams.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment.
At DentaQuest, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system - from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and deliveringmeasurableoutcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Job Number: 2807
Community / Marketing Title: Healthcare Analyst (Milwaukee Only)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Milwaukee, Wisconsin US