Senior Software Quality Automation Engineer
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 713
The Senior Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Analyst II supports operational goals and objectives by working closely with software developers, Software Quality Assurance team members and business stakeholders to review use cases and develop and execute test plans, and test cases to ensure application development meets or exceeds business requirements. In addition, they serve as a mentor to less experienced staff and take the lead on individual projects and initiatives.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform testing on an agile team Work with the development team to create test plans and test cases
- Review all documentation provided by the project teams and ensure full understanding of the documented requirements, technical enhancements, process development and workflow configuration required
- Develop and execute test scripts using manual and automated testing as specified by DQ standards Document, communicate, and work to resolve all defects found during testing
- Seek team and stakeholder feedback on all test plans and test cases Diagnose, troubleshoot and research application/system issues as required and propose solutions to problems; provide resolution in a timely and accurate way, while ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Ensure defects are entered within the DentaQuest Enterprise Defect Tracking System with an appropriate sense of urgency and monitor/track progress through resolution Facilitate communications and/or meetings as needed to ensure all information has been received, content understood and any additional information needed has been provided
- Participate in all required meetings to gain additional requirement knowledge, confirm current state of project and stay apprised of any changes being made Create reusable test plans and test case templates and processes as needed Develop, execute, validate and document thorough and accurate regression and smoke test scenarios
- Must understand DQ's business practices and the applications/systems that support them Prepare documentation using tools such as Visio, Word and Excel Other duties as assigned Mentor, Create Standards and Implement Process Improvements Mentor less experienced members of the Software Quality Assurance team Suggest, define, and implement new process and testing standards for the team Act as a resource to business stakeholders in their test plan and case development
- Take the test leadership role on projects and present overall testing team progress to IT stakeholders Recommend process improvements to enhance the overall value, efficiency and effectiveness of the department
- 4 years of professional experience in IT discipline with demonstrated commitment to growth
- 2+ years of developing test automation using C# or Java
- Ability to work in a team setting including problem-solving, communication, and strong decision-making skills
- Ability to maintain productivity with shifting priorities and uncertainty Required to attend additional training as requested/deemed necessary
BS degree in IT or CS or Engineering
- Certified as a Software Test Engineer (CSTE) or Quality Analyst (CQA)
- Working knowledge of Selenium with C#
- Working knowledge of Specflow
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Test Manager
- Working knowledge of Team Foundation Server
- Proficiency with general office productivity software
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately in a business context including verbal, written, interpersonal, organizational and public speaking
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks with tight deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced, result-driven environment
- Excellent analytical skills, as well as accuracy and attention to details
- Incumbent must be able to communicate effectively.
- Requires overall light physical effort (up to 25lbs.)
- Manual dexterity and sitting is required in carrying out position own position responsibilities (i.e. use of personal computer).
- Ability to travel or move about within and outside serviced facilities required.
- Incumbent works primarily in either a private or shared office environment.
At DentaQuest, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system - from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and deliveringmeasurableoutcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Job Number: 2355
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Quality Automation Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Milwaukee, Wisconsin US