Disaster Recovery Specialist
Location: Boston, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 773
This position assesses and plans all aspects of the Data Center disaster recovery program. Under the general direction and supervision of the Director of Technical Services & Engineering the Disaster Recovery Coordinator has responsibility for ongoing maintenance of existing Data Center disaster recovery plans and documentation and driving the development of new plans/procedures, all subject to independent review and validation. The incumbent performs gap analysis to ensure recovery plans are consistent with the expectations and service level agreements where applicable. Individual monitors and reports on all aspects of DR site data replication, including planning, testing, verifying and remediating (as necessary).
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist infrastructure technical groups, application development groups and application business owners with assessment of potential business impact, definition of critical time-sensitive functions and design, development and documentation of recovery plans.
- Recommend recovery options and assist with the implementation of recovery solutions.
- Develop schedules for training and awareness for teams supporting D/R efforts and solutions.
- Analyze, review, oversee testing (of) and provide regular verification reporting on data replication and integrity status of PHDC to WDC D/R replication and backup facilities.
- Report D/R Readiness progress and status to group management.
- Assist in performing Data Center recovery capacity planning, supporting the technical groups in existing capabilities and new initiatives.
- Ensure new services and applications are incorporated into Disaster Recovery as part of Production readiness.
- Work with the IT groups to develop and maintain viable recovery plans.
- Monitor on a weekly basis the status of data synchronization facilities (between PHDC and WDC) and verify success of all replication activities; if issues arise, coordinate remediation efforts and report on status.
- Monitor and report on the completeness of all required disaster recovery job flows and procedures.
- Assist in the timely identification, escalation, resolution and follow-up for all outstanding issues.
- Major focus on enhancing, formalization and standardizing Data Center recovery planning procedures across the affected technical groups.
- Maintain and manage Disaster Recovery documentation, including the creation of new plans, and updates to existing procedures.
- Working at the direction of senior management, provide all required soft- and hard-copy documentation, support all on-line and DR application systems (including SharePoint, RCM, etc. for both functionality and content and provide needed audit support.
- Provide expertise and support to management and functional areas, as requested, when a business disruption occurs.
- Assist with the implementation and continuous reviews of IT Standards in relationship to DentaQuest services & procedures.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business or related discipline.
- 10 years of relevant Information Systems experience, with 5 years focused Information Systems Operations, or Data Center Operations, or similar background, with a working technical knowledge of current systems software, hardware and network standards at an architectural level.
- Required to attend additional training as requested/deemed necessary.
- Incumbent must be able to communicate effectively.
- Requires overall light physical effort (up to 25lbs.)
- Manual dexterity and sitting is required in carrying out position own position responsibilities (i.e. use of personal computer).
- Ability to travel or move about within and outside serviced facilities required.
- Incumbent works primarily in either a private or shared office environment.
At DentaQuest, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system - from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and deliveringmeasurableoutcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Job Number: 2541
Community / Marketing Title: Disaster Recovery Specialist
Location_formattedLocationLong: Boston, Massachusetts US