Manager, Human Resources Business Partner
Location: Vancouver, Washington US
Job Number: 796
This position oversees the HR initiatives in the areas of Performance Management, Training, Employee Relations, Staffing, and Diversity Awareness. This position assists in the oversight of Human Resource initiatives. Specific areas of responsibility are outlined below.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the employee relation efforts and the performance improvement process by providing coaching and counseling to employees and managers on a variety of employee relation issues as well as HR practices and procedures.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Provides input to and administer all human resources policies, procedures and programs in a consistent and effective manner.
- Assist in the oversight of recruiting efforts.
- Using the most efficient and effective sourcing techniques, ensures staffing needs are properly met by the effective recruiting and hiring of candidates for all assigned positions in a timely manner. Screen, interview, evaluate, and extend offers to qualified applicants. Ensures that developmental opportunities are presented to employees by managing the internal job posting process as appropriate.
- Apply, coordinate, develop, and interpret various recruiting assessments and candidate responses.
- Develop, and run various Human Resource reports, including monthly, turnover, and diversity statistics.
- Assist with HR and corporate training initiatives as needed.
- Facilitate employee separation process and exit interviews.
- Manage front desk duties are performed within the established objectives.
- Maintain general knowledge of company benefit programs.
- Conduct and analyze exit interviews, provide feedback, and make recommendations for appropriate follow up. Run and analyze quarterly exit interview report.
- Maintain knowledge of company compensation strategy and pay grading system in order to make offers, and advise managers and employees on the compensation strategy.
- Counsel and consult with managers to develop and implement strategy for training and development that aligns with corporate business objectives.
- Assist in coordinating employee and management training initiatives within business unit, which includes conducting needs assessments, designing and delivering programs and measuring results and monitoring progress.
- Utilize Human Resources and payroll databases to track, update, and research employee information and payroll inquiries as needed.
- Act as a liaison between business units on all necessary business initiatives.
- Assist the corporate space planner as needed by serving as a backup on space planning.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or equivalent work experience required.
- 5 years of experience working in a variety of Human Resource capacities required.
- Excellent organization, and written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues.
- Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, and employment law.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of general computer software. (Access, MS Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of employment law.
- Required to attend additional training as requested/deemed necessary.
- Incumbent must be able to communicate effectively.
- Requires overall light physical effort (up to 25lbs.)
- Manual dexterity and sitting is required in carrying out position own position responsibilities (i.e. use of personal computer).
- Ability to travel or move about within and outside serviced facilities required.
- Incumbent works primarily in either a private or shared office environment.
At DentaQuest, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system - from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and deliveringmeasurableoutcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Job Number: 2614
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Human Resources Business Partner
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, Washington US