Financial Analyst, FP&A
Location: Charlestown, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 824
JOB SUMMARY: Provide financial planning and analytical support to Finance team and develop understanding of business segments. Assist in financial forecasting, budgeting, cost allocations, expense and metric analytics, and profitability analysis. Provide analysis on various business initiatives as required.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support for Care Group financial planning & analysis, including: Support both annual operating plan budgeting activities and monthly forecasting processes through development and maintenance of analytical financial models.
- Assist in review and analysis of monthly, quarter-to-date, and year-to-date actual variances vs. budget and prior forecast.
- Manage monthly forecast process and provide analyses of current forecast vs. budget and prior forecast, including variance analyses.
- Maintain and improve reporting requirements through management of Cognos TM1 software tools for budgeting, forecasting, and actual reporting.
- Recommend and implement improvements to business planning, finance, and reporting process.
- Perform other financial modeling and analyses as appropriate.
- Finance, Accounting, or Economics undergraduate degree required.
- 2 years of experience in a budgeting/financial planning role with strong accounting knowledge and experience in the financial services, insurance, or healthcare industry.
- Ability to develop strong partnership and team-building relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with an attention to quality and timely analyses and reporting.
- Strong analytical skills and highly self-motivated.
- Strong Excel skills required; proficient in Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills are essential.
- Time management, prioritization and organizational skills are required.
- Required to attend additional training as requested/deemed necessary.
- CMA/CPA or MBA is considered a plus Cognos TM1 software experience is considered a plus
- Oracle knowledge considered a plus.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Incumbent must be able to communicate effectively. Requires overall light physical effort (up to 25lbs.) Manual dexterity and sitting is required in carrying out position own position responsibilities (i.e. use of personal computer). Ability to travel or move about within and outside serviced facilities required. Incumbent works primarily in either a private or shared office environment
At DentaQuest, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system - from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and deliveringmeasurableoutcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Job Number: 2673
Community / Marketing Title: Financial Analyst, FP&A
Location_formattedLocationLong: Charlestown, Massachusetts US