Innovation Research Assistant
Location: Westborough, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 864
Reporting to the Director, Clinical Innovation, the Research Assistant will perform a variety of research and administrative functions to support the Principal Investigator (PI) and Research Coordinator to meet research project objectives. The Research Assistant will also participate in the development and implementation of clinically innovative systems and processes that improve the quality of clinical care.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in data collection
- Prepare tables and graphs
- Assist in the analysis of qualitative and quantitative data and in the summarization of findings
- Maintain study-related databases and prepare reports as needed
- Administer and track research surveys
- Conduct literature reviews and other internet-based searches
- Recruit and consent study participants (including scheduling and confirming study participant visits)
- Maintain active CITI program certification in Biomedical Research
- Manage team correspondence
- Participate in research team meetings, document meeting minutes, highlighting key takeaways and next steps.
- Prepare meeting agendas for Clinical Innovation team meetings and manager one-on-ones
- Maintain and update the Clinical Innovation project calendars and provide weekly updates for leadership
- Assist Innovation Hygienist in the development of innovation initiatives and their respective clinical research protocols
- Review and provide edits for written reports, posters, manuscripts and presentations to describe outcomes of clinical endeavors, pilot materials, patient education, and training materials for dissemination to clinicians.
- Assist with drafting and compiling documents for Institutional Review Board submissions and other required documentation to meet research compliance standards
- Maintain detailed inventory records of project related study material
- Develop office and project supply order lists
- Assists in the upkeep of the clinical innovation environment and equipment.
- Facilitate other project-related administrative tasks assigned by Innovation Hygienist
- Other duties as needed or required
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in social science, or a science field
- Must have knowledge of oral health and research ethics
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Must be a self-starter, able to manage schedule and meet deliverables with limited supervision
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and institutional regulations and guidelines for the provision of dental care
- Understanding of OSHA, CDC, ADA, and HIPAA standards
- Required to attend additional training as requested/deemed necessary
- Ability to travel within state and out-of-state as needed to attend meetings and presentations. (up to two times per month)
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Demonstrated history of quality improvement initiatives
- Familiarity with Microsoft 365, SurveyMonkey, WebEx, and Dentrix Enterprise electronic dental record
- Incumbent must be able to communicate effectively.
- Incumbent will work directly with patients of the DentaQuest Oral Health Center and the OHC dental staff
- Requires overall light physical effort (up to 25lbs.)
- Manual dexterity and sitting is required in carrying out position own position responsibilities (i.e. use of personal computer).
- Ability to travel or move about within and outside serviced facilities required.
- Incumbent works primarily in either a private or shared office environment.
At DentaQuest, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system - from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and deliveringmeasurableoutcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Job Number: 2826
Community / Marketing Title: Innovation Research Assistant
Location_formattedLocationLong: Westborough, Massachusetts US