Business Intelligence Developer
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 869
DentaQuest Business Intelligence Services team effectively and sustainably provides data solutions and tools across the organization. We integrate, transform, and improve volumes of data for the enterprise level reporting and analytic processes.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The BI Developer plays a critical role in the partnering with clients across the enterprise in analyzing, creating complex ETL solutions and analytic process for supporting internal and external reporting.
- Develops databases SQL queries for data analysis and data extracts/loads.
- Utilizes experience with Informatica and/or SSIS and/or equivalent ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) to load and optimize solutions from multiple data sources.
- Analyze, debug and tune SQL databases queries for performance improvements.
- Analyze data warehouse architecture, maintain normalized/de-normalized, star schemas and snowflakes, slowly changing dimensions, troubleshoot and recommend improvements and alternate methodologies.
- Monitors nightly ETL processes to ensure timely completion and availability of data in data warehouse for reporting use.
- Analyze and resolve problems and provides technical assistance as is necessary.
- Implements corrective actions to legacy issues.
- Conduct code reviews and participate in technical design.
- Conduct performance analysis and optimize ETL jobs, custom SQL and T-SQL jobs.
- Working closely with multiple teams to design, develop and maintain SQL Stored procedures and Informatica and/or SSIS ETL scripts to implement Business Intelligence Solutions.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- B.S. or MS degree in Computer Science, business or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 4 year experience T-SQL Stored Procedures, Views and T-SQL design and development using Visual Studio and SQL Management Studio (or equivalent tools).
- 4 Years' experience using SQL Server 2008, 2012 or equivalent tools.
- 4 Years' exp. with ETL tools like Informatica and/or SSIS or equivalent tools.
- 2 years exp. in design of appropriate data structures for the development of a database system.
- 2 year Business Intelligence Architecture and Design experience.
- 1 year leading and managing technical projects experience.
- Experience with data access performance tuning and performance optimization.
- Must have a high level of initiative and sound independent judgment.
- Must be able to collaborate and take a team-based approach.
- Required to attend additional training as requested/deemed necessary.
- 1 year's exp. with of report development (using reporting solutions like SSRS, Tableau, Cognos) preferred.
- Experience with Healthcare data domain is strongly preferred.
- Incumbent must be able to communicate effectively.
- Requires overall light physical effort (up to 25lbs.)
- Manual dexterity and sitting is required in carrying out position own position responsibilities (i.e. use of personal computer).
- Ability to travel or move about within and outside serviced facilities required.
- Incumbent works primarily in either a private or shared office environment.
At DentaQuest, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system - from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and deliveringmeasurableoutcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Job Number: 2846
Community / Marketing Title: Business Intelligence Developer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Milwaukee, Wisconsin US