IT Business Partner (Remote)
Location: Boston, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 1247
The Business Partner will be the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for each of the business functions within DentaQuest. As the SPOC for the business function, the Business partner will be responsible for the assessment of business requirements based on their understanding of functional processes and systems that support business units. The business function will have a "go to" person that will assist in getting IT work done. The business partner will look back into IT and provide the business with guidance on how to handle, manage and prioritize IT requests, ideas and innovation as they arise.
The business Partner will establish and monitor performance measurements that apply to the functional unit they support. This is accomplished by working with the business to establish SLA's that can be derived from data captured as part of the unit's processes. This information can also be used to compare to industry standards and demonstrate functional effectiveness to prospects and clients.
The Business Partner will work with the Application, Security, Infrastructure and Architecture teams to ensure that new business solutions are designed for optimum access and usefulness and leverage existing technologies and understand system-wide impacts. They will assist in near/mid-term roadmap creation, to address gaps and move company towards the future state architecture to support future business growth and innovation. They will assist any IT Projects within their business functional area to represent and help to deliver the business and technical requirements.
The Business Partner will also ensure that they are current on market forces and industry trends as it applies to the functional area they support. In many cases this role also requires the business partner to gather information from external stakeholders that interact with DentaQuest for the purpose of receiving information and facilitating transactions. The business partner must be familiar with methods of research and analysis that rely heavily upon analyst reports, stakeholder interviews, trade and industry events, and compliance forums that apply to the insurance industry.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- As the Single Point of Contact (SPOC), work with the various business functions throughout the organization to determine requirements for upcoming related projects and customer deliverables (internal and external).
- Research, analyze, and potentially implement new technologies, platforms, and tools to automate processes and provide business value.
- Analyzes data and problems related to the business function that is supported
- Develop, communicate and train users on guidelines, methods and procedures for new products, services or programs
- Assist in creating the vision for future state technologies and architecture and participate in setting Enterprise standards and mid/long-term strategy/roadmaps
- Develop technology specifications and ensure that new technology solutions are designed for optimal access and usefulness, leverage existing technologies when possible.
- Work with the Enterprise Application and Technical Infrastructure Architecture Teams to apply architectural and engineering concepts to design a business solution that meets operational requirements, such as scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, extensibility, flexibility, availability and manageability.
- Identify the technologies to employ based on price, performance, service agreements and organization constraints.
- Participate and lead research and development efforts when introducing new technologies.
- Ability to gain buy-in on proposed business solutions.
- Assists managers with developing the service level agreements (SLAs) and deployment of key performance measures.
- Review the ongoing implementation of business solution into their business function that they support for improvement opportunities.
- Keep current and informed of domain related technologies, business solutions and best practices.
- Develop detailed product requirements / user stories.
- Drive delivery excellence throughout the organization.
- Participate in sales presentations for the purpose of demonstrating DentaQuest's technology capabilities
- Take part in discussions with clients and prospects to craft technical solutions to improve capabilities, meet market needs, and customer demand
- Other duties as needed or required.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- 3 years' experience in a leadership, customer support, project management, or client liaison role delivering excellence
- Previous experience in Healthcare or Health Insurance preferred; a unique blend of business, healthcare, insurance, and technical expertise a plus.
- Demonstrated experience managing integrated business solutions for a function, department or IT.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of business requirements for software solutions.
- Working knowledge of agile software development methods a plus
- Responsible for driving delivery excellence throughout the organization
- Strong analytical ability: ability to define complex problems and creatively frame solutions.
- Ability to understand and articulate business implications of technical issues.
- Ability to understand and interact with technically oriented teams.
- Ability to work with executive leadership to craft and implement strategies as it relates to technology to produce a desired outcome
- Develop mid/long-term strategy/roadmaps with business partners
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to influence decisions in a matrix environment.
- Ability to contribute to both strategic and tactical decisions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to deal with a number of tasks simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work either individually on a project or in a team environment.
- Demonstrates a positive, outgoing approach with internal and external customers.
- Attends additional training as requested/deemed necessary
Webelieve that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system - from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and deliveringmeasurableoutcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Job Number: 3983
Community / Marketing Title: IT Business Partner (Remote)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Boston, Massachusetts US