Sr Financial Analyst (Remote)
Location: Boston, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 1248
JOB SUMMARY: As a member of the company's Financial Planning & Analysis team, the individual in this position provides firm financial support in the areas of financial forecasting, budgeting, cost allocations, and profitability analysis. Business partner to the Government business, providing all levels of financial and analytical support. Provides analyses on various business initiatives as required. Performs monthly consolidation of company financials.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain the Cognos Gross Margin database to include Product (Group & Individual) and Cient contract (State and Health) details for reporting of financial results and Regional VP support.
- Provides financial support and analysis for the Regional Client Services and Business Development functions by implementing analytical models to project the financial impact to the business.
- Support both annual operating plan budgeting activities and monthly forecasting processes through development and maintenance of analytical financial models.
- Develop improvements to budgeting/forecasting reporting and analyses using COGNOS Enterprise Planning.
- Maintain company wide membership reporting to include adhoc reporting for management.
- Support and train Client Services & Business Development CC-Managers using COGNOS Enterprise Planning.
- Assume backup Cognos administrator role.
- Performs other financial modeling and analyses as appropriate.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent required.
- Four to six years of experience in the financial services, insurance, or healthcare industry.
- Four years experience with advanced certification and/or MBA.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of financial and accounting concepts and firm understanding of GAAP.
- Strong experience with Cognos Enterprise Planning, including cube builds and maintenance or specific experience mastering budgeting system.
- Strong analytical skills and highly self-motivated.
- Highly proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong written, research, and oral communication skills are essential.
- Required to attend additional training as requested/deemed necessary.
- CMA/CPA and/or MBA highly preferred. Oracle knowledge considered a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Incumbent must be able to communicate effectively. Requires overall light physical effort (up to 25lbs.) Manual dexterity and sitting is required in carrying out position own position responsibilities (i.e. use of personal computer). Ability to travel or move about within and outside serviced facilities required.
Webelieve that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system - from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and deliveringmeasurableoutcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Job Number: 4006
Community / Marketing Title: Sr Financial Analyst (Remote)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Boston, Massachusetts US