Service Desk Analyst II
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 1288
The DentaQuest Information Technology Service Desk provides enterprise support for employees, contractors and consultants via a 3-tiered model with staff resources distributed amongst their locations in Massachusetts, Wisconsin, Florida, Texas, South Carolina, and Westborough. The SD Associate 1 will perform traditional Helpdesk and desktop hardware/software support and deployments. The Service Desk team also participates in project deployments as necessary.
Tier 2 level IT Support typically engineer desktop solutions/images, provide advanced desktop hardware/software administration and support, and performs basic network diagnostic and administrative tasks. They too will participate in projects as needed for developing desktop deployment strategies.
The Service Desk Assoc. II position Under limited supervision will triage and provide first level support for Service Desk Incidents and requests for the DentaQuest enterprise reported by phone and/or ServiceNow self-services.
There will be phone support as part of the role prompt first call resolution; proper routing to Tier 2/3 IT support; some administration of user accounts and application security.
This position will also be very much hands on, assisting in deployments of desktop hardware or floor support
Additionally, candidates for this position should be able to leverage a deeper knowledge and understanding of company desktop systems and solutions; more advanced troubleshooting skills to extend the range of first level support for Service Desk issues and requests addressed independently, as well as assist in the mentoring/training of Service Desk Assoc. I staff.
This position is expected to meet high standards for customer service and professionalism, adhering to established Service Desk workflows and procedures, creating or keeping current comprehensive documentation for all systems or processes affected.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Triage support requests in an efficient and timely manner - resolving those within the purview of Tier 1, escalating other tickets to appropriate next level support staff.
- Create and maintain documentation for 1st level support solutions and processes.
- Create and maintain instructional documentation for end users.
- Assist with hardware deployments and support when called upon.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years' experience in a Helpdesk or Level 1 support role
- Call/helpdesk coverage required on a scheduled basis
- Limited Travel may be required for projects or to support other offices
- Service Levels - Independently and/or at direction of End User Services Manager or senior (level III) SD staff - address client/employee Problems/Incidents According to SLA timeframes
This is critical for those working in an office without other IT support on site.
- Communication/Documentation - Must possess high functioning customer service skills and be able to communicate technical problems/solutions to a non-technical customer over the phone and in person.
- Desire/aptitude to document problem solutions for use/review by customers and other IT support.
- Proficiency with recent Microsoft desktop Operating Systems and Office Suites.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interface with clients with a professional and positive approach to problem resolution.
- Ability to take direction, and to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and in very dynamic environment
- Desire to work with and learn new/changing technology.
- Independently and/or at direction of End User Services Manager or senior (level III) SD staff - Fulfill Requests/Tasks (software installs; PC/laptop setups; overall desktop set up) according to SLA's
- Maintain the desktop/IT space and inventory
- IT Degree or certification preferred, some additional IT training expected at this level
- Position requires participation in on-site coverage schedule with flexibility expected for handling off-schedule service incidents.
- Requires the effective use of all office equipment including, but not limited to, telephone, computers, printers, and fax machines.
- Requires occasional crawling, crouching, working under workstations and in crawl spaces.
- Occasional lifting of equipment up to 50 pounds is required.
- The MIS area is located in a wheelchair accessible building. The office environment is active with high voice levels and interruptions that may challenge hearing and concentration.
Webelieve that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system - from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and deliveringmeasurableoutcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Job Number: 4108
Community / Marketing Title: Service Desk Analyst II
Location_formattedLocationLong: Milwaukee, Wisconsin US